Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Alerts Only When Armed?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ericmcgovern
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just recently signed up for the CVR plan, which seems to be working great. Before setting up CVR, I have my Arlo, and Arlo Q's on a schedule so they are "Armed" once we head to bed for the night. However I noticed when reviewing the CVR footage that the timeline shows zero activtiy, even when I am right in front of the camera. 

Does the camera need to be set to "Armed" to see any activity on the timeline while reviewing CVR footage? I would love it if it just showed me activity, regardless if the camera was set to Armed or not. I don't need an alert everytime something occurs all day, but would be great when reviewing.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the CVR is basicly a 24/7 recorder for the Q...

If the Q is armed, and motion and/or sound eventrs occurr , then the

1) videos will end up in the library as normal

2) the CVR will show a blue/green line bar during the trigger event ( depends on motion or audio )

hope this answers

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've had issues with getting CVR to work reliably. I've had huge gaps in coverage and tried various things to get it going. There doesn't seem to be anything specific - removing and resyncing, resetting, power cycling has all worked at various times. I was out of town and not willing to do anything while gone but CVR seems to be working better. Because I left it alone? Server issue? Who knows.
ericmcgovern
Apprentice
Apprentice

TomMac wrote:

the CVR is basicly a 24/7 recorder for the Q...

If the Q is armed, and motion and/or sound eventrs occurr , then the

1) videos will end up in the library as normal

2) the CVR will show a blue/green line bar during the trigger event ( depends on motion or audio )

hope this answers

Ok, so it ONLY indicated audio / motion on the timeline if the Arlo Q is armed. I wish Netgear would expand this a bit...

seanJ44
Star
Star
So is this still true: CVR timeline will only indicate audio/motion (blue and green bars) when the Q is armed?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The bars denote when recording occurs so if not armed, there's no recording or bars.