Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any way I can reconnect my Arlo Q to the router remotely?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Hasechen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed an Arlo Q in my place in the Philippines two weeks ago and then came back here to the U.S. where I'm based. Everything was working fine until yesterday where it started showing the message "Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection". I don't think the problem is the internet service I have there since my brother that goes there to check can still use it for other purposes. It's frustrating because I can't physically be there to fix it at this point. Is there any way I can solve the problem online? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you can't use the interface to access Settings be, My Devices, your camera, Restart button at the bottom, only physical access will work. Unplug the camera and plug back in. That should clear it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
An alternative is to use something like the WeMo remote switches which would allow you to remotely power cycle the camera.

BTW, I've had issues changing settings in my router which can cause the Q to not reconnect automatically.
Hasechen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your suggestion!
HurdyGurdy
Star
Star

totally never thought about that - i to have random powerdowns when away and had to text the pet sitter to go and fix things. Have a bunch of tplinks around so will quickly connect to it !