Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation
widewater4848
Tutor
Tutor

Live Feed works fine in the IOS App, on all devices, but it reverts to a blank screen when viewed in a web browser. After a minute or two, the Live Feed (blank screen) drops out and then the window shows that video was last updated, e.g. 2 minutes ago and also displays the updated still frame at that time.

Cameras have worked fine over last 15 months, today is the first time I have noticed a Live Feed problem.

I have uploaded the latest Flash versions, but problem persists across Safari and Google Chrome. I have two cameras, in seperate locations, linking through different router networks. Very frustrating that I can't monitor live feeds when, e.g. an audio alert has been triggered.

Others seem to report similar problems but I cant see any solutions listed?
Model: VMC3040 | Arlo-Q HD with Audio
12 REPLIES 12
67GTONUT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having the same issue....... I am about ready to throw this thing out.....  I bought a WiFi extender to make sure connection was strong, no help. Sometimes I have to go in and out of Live feed numerous times to get it to come up..... sometimes with ZERO success....  This thing is becoming useless to me.... 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating reports from a small number users experiencing this issue. As soon as I have more information, I will provide an update.

JamesC

Aussie44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this issue, still waiting.

MK106
Star
Star
I am experiencing the same issue with my arlo q cameras - under two different accounts in two distant states (one a vacation home). Would not recommend this product at this time till a solution is apparent.
NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am not able to live stream to my Arlo Q using Android app.

Just a black screen. I can hear audio but no video, its just black.

It has been like this for many months but usually if I live stream and get a black screen then if I pause the stream and start it again it usually starts to show the video too, but not any more.

Just black and nothing! It's impossible to use the camera now until this is fixed. I have perfect Wi-Fi connection and nothing has changed at my end so hopefully (once again) we wait for the Arlo development team to fix this issue.
BerryMan2266
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here running Windows 10 with either Edge, IE, or FireFox browsers. Issue duplicates on my Samsung Galaxy 8 Android phone. I get sound - no picture. Interesting - I have has occasion where one of the two cameras is stuck in the 'black-screen' state when trying to live-stream and the other is streaming just fine. Frustrating...

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just bought my Arlo Q yesterday.

Live feed was working fine yesterday but experienced this problem today.

Just trying different things, I clicked the camera icon to take a snapshot.

I viewed the snapshot in the library and it was a valid image.

When I went back to live feed, it was working.

Don't know if that was coincidence or not, but you might try it.

Good luck!

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Its been like this for months after some firmware update that ruined everything. But usually if the feed is paused and restarted it works a 2nd or 3rd time.

Netgear have known about this for months but their development team is useless and they never seem to be able to fix anything, just introduce more and more problems with each update.

I have multiple problems with Arlo Pro cameras too, which all used to work fine until they released some firmware update that introduced a lot of bugs and issues.

It seems the original developers who created the Arlo system have all left Netgear and the development team who now run it haven't a clue what they are doing and when they try to fix something they actually just break something else.

It's the same for many many users, all unhappy with Arlo products that used to work fine, but now are all ruined.

Arlo is no longer a reliable security system, its just an expensive piece of junk that can't be relied upon to protect your home/business.

I personally wish I had never bought it and could get my £1000+ back that I spent on various Arlo products which is a real shame as I was very very happy with Arlo until a few months ago. I just don't know what has happened to Arlo in the last few months but think there is something going on in the background that they are not telling us about!
DominoUK
Star
Star

Any update please, JamesC? We've had this problem for months now with still no fix. I am still taking on average 5-10 attempts before my feed appears, which can take minutes. This isn't acceptable when you urgently need to respond to a detected motion/audio event.

Might I suggest yet again to move away from Flash to display the stream? There's little excuse to still be using it. Browsers are going to be completely dropping support for it eventually.

HaiDoan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having this issue quite a bit without any answer.  This is unacceptable for a "premium" security device.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have any updates yet, engineering is still investigating. I will provide an update as soon as I'm able.

JamesC

NBE1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any news? My wife and I have the Arlo baby and it is getting pretty frustrating switching between mode/devices just to get a black screen 9/10 times.