Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo q won't record

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have 4 Arlo Q cameras and they stopped recording. I have all the settings set to record on motion. The motion icon will come on, but it won't record although all cameras are set to record. I have restarted my modem, router and each camera, but still nothing. I can go into the app and press play to watch live and manually record which will record and store in the library. Just not recording when motion is detected as it's supposed to per my settings.
7 REPLIES 7
Wiggler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here and also with my Arlo pro 2’s  They no longer show any recordings in the app and only record when manually triggered from the app.  

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
I called the terrible customer service yesterday. They told me my system is offline on on their end. How is my system offline when I'm able to log in and watch live, and see the motion icon activated when someone is walking in front of the camera. The only thing that doesn't work is record as it's set to. Seriously the customer service is horrid.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What mode are you using? (the default "Armed" or a custom mode)

If you create and use a brand new custom mode with rules for motion detection, do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have tried both armed and custome modes; same result... I can live stream, and I notice motion detection working, but it wont record as I have set it to. Very frustrating. I think it all started after the last update. 

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have CVR?  If so, this is a bug on Arlo's side.  See this thread:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Q/ArloQ-CVR-stopped-recording-to-Library/td-p/1653304

I have the same issue, but only on the two cameras I have CVR enabled.  Like you, the motion detection looks like it's working (both motion and SD card icons turn orange), but no recording happens.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a Q on CVR and get most, but not all, recordings. I do suspect that CVR is the cause but what you're seeing and what I am doesn't match. I have done nothing for some time other than to change WiFi a few months ago. It is not on Smart.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thank you for the clue, jguerdat.  I deactivated Smart and rebooted the camera, and now finally I was able to trigger a motion event that went into the library.  It might be fixed now.