Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DannyJones310
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good day all, this is my first post, I thought it the right time to create an account just to post this.

I have an Arlo q which I have had now for just short of 2 years. I’ve never had a problem with it until a couple of days ago; I woke up one morning and it was flashing amber. No problem, I’ll just resync it and back to normal. Problem is, the app never finds the camera. I’ve tried this now approx 50 times. SSID and PW 100% correct, I have even made sure that neither contain characters other than alphanumeric.

I have tried doing it wIth the WPS and the usual way. I know that this has been a common problem in the past and was wondering what other people’s outcomes were. I’ve spent numerous hours on the phone with support to no avail. I am now being told that it is a faulty camera. How have other people’s experiences been with the after care? I’m sad to see that this issue still isn’t resolved and hasn’t been remedied or even acknowledged by Arlo.

I no longer have proof of purchase as it was binned last year during a clear out. I’m not after a replacement, just a fix.

Thankyou all.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure how you can say that the "after care" is lacking. You've been talking to support and whatever has been tried has failed so you were told the camera was bad. Why not believe that? If all efforts have failed, that's the obvious determination.

DannyJones310
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, wrong choice of words with ‘aftercare’ should have said ‘technical aftercare.’

Saying the camera is ‘bad’ seems like the final resolution, not very specific is it? How is it bad? What’s wrong with it? Does the issue lie within the manufacturing process?

They have seen this problem time and time again looking through the archived topics.

I suppose my original post wasn’t worded correctly. The ‘aftercare’ has been fine. The lack of knowledge not so.

CathyBax
Aspirant
Aspirant
This Arlo q is the first indoor camera i have owned, and will be the last indoor camera I buy. It has been a constant problem, as well as the skill associated with Alexa Echo. I currently cannot log onto the app thru the phone or thru Alexa, and I am not spending another minute on it. I will be purchasing another camera today. I am done with Arlo.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CathyBax

Are you still having an issue logging in to your Arlo mobile app?

CathyBax
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, as usual. If the camera decides to stay connected. Also, I can be viewing the camera and every few minutes it goes off Live status, and begins spinning, trying to connect. This can last for two minutes. It is beyond frustrating, especially considering I don't want to use my phone. I would prefer to use the echo show, so that my phone is free to make calls, and other essential activities.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@CathyBax

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.