Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlo_user1233
Tutor
Tutor

Hello I just set up a new Gryphon router. I can no longer make the cameras either the Arlo Q wireless or the pro four connect to the router. Everything works fine until the app, or the desktop which I also tried, tries to locate the camera after it’s scanned the QR code. Then it will not locate.

I have tried everything including resetting router, using both 5G and 2G Radio on the router, Resetting the cameras. I’ve tried all of this multiple times. I suspect that there is something which keeps the cameras and Gryphon router From communicating well together.

Any help would be appreciated thank you

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're trying to get the Q connected as if new, I would start by removing it from Settings, My Devices first. A reset on the camera may also be useful. 

Typically a new router has no issue with Arlo but specific settings in the router could cause trouble. Have you reset and rebooted the router? Can you see the Q getting an IP address in the router config? 

arlo_user1233
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I have removed device from settings and reset the cameras. I reset the router as well.

Any specific settings I should change on router? Thanks
arlo_user1233
Tutor
Tutor

Yes router reset a number of times. Yes I can see the router giving the cam an IP address., but the app (AND the desktop) will not recognize the camera. It will not “locate” the camera after the QR code chime.
———-
Have you reset and rebooted the router? Can you see the Q getting an IP address in the router config?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd take the cameras to another location (neighbor or friend) to see if they can connect. If so, something about the router is goofy. You can try opening ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.com in the router settings but most routers don't need that unless something has been changed for security. 

Do you own the router or is it the ISP's? It's possible that you may need to talk to the  Gryphon tech support. I know nothing about them but a quick search shows parental controls as a major feature which could be the issue.