Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Step Verification Not Working & Locked Out of my Arlo System. Not receiving code anymore.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloJesse
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello - I hope someone in the Arlo community can help me. I've used my Arlo Q (wired) cameras, for a few years, without too many problems. However, Arlo recently required a 2-Step Verification process. This was completed but, for the last few days, I have been completely locked out of my Arlo system and cannot see any camera footage (live or recorded) - completely locked out. The 2-Step "Code" is not arriving in my e-mail box as it has been doing. I have tried many times and Arlo is just not sending a "code" to my e-mail anymore.  Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue?  {P.S. If I had been given a choice, I would not have chosen a 2-Step Verification for a security camera because it takes too long to access the camera in an emergency}.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a device that uses the app? If so, did you set that device as trusted? Can you log in on that? If it's the app that's the issue, have you tried the web client? In addition, have you checked the email junk mail folder for these code emails?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloJesse wrote:

{P.S. If I had been given a choice, I would not have chosen a 2-Step Verification for a security camera because it takes too long to access the camera in an emergency}.

It's not required at the moment - Arlo postponed it in response to user complaints that they needed to be able to trust PCs.

I'd check to see if your spam filters are blocking the email.  If you did set up a trusted device then you should still be able to log in there, and then disable 2FA.