Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Support wants $150 to unlock my refurbished Arlo Q camera I just purchased.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
calhoward
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is an outrage. I just purchased a refurbished Arlo Q camera and the error coming up is "We are unable to claim this device". Well, I followed this solution on the forum here (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/unable-to-claim-device/m-p/1193490#M26028) claiming the issue is that an old account is still associated with my camera and support must remove it. Great, I'll give them a call.

I call support and they tell me I must sign up for their $150 a year support plan. WTF Arlo? So now, I'm out the $100 I paid for the refurbished camera, and if I want my $100 refurbished camera to work, I need to fork over another $150, effectively making this a $250 camera. For $250, I could buy the latest brand new Arlo camera. I'm not paying $150 to get my refurbished camera to work.

Before anyone asks, NO I don't have a way of contacting the original owner to remove his account on his own, and NO I don't have a way to get my money back from the seller I purchased from.

Your company's support is utter trash and your business practices are unethical. This is highway robbery. Just let me give you the serial number so you can look it up and remove the old account. This thread is my last resort to get help with this camera before I throw it in the garbage, because that's all I can do with this camera now. It's worthless. Like I said before, if I'm going to spend another $150 to get my hands on a working camera, it's going to be a brand new (different) camera, and it's not going to be from this company. The one I have now is a paperweight and if I'd known Arlo support was this garbage, I would have never made the purchase.

Please Arlo, help me in some way. I don't want to have to migrate to a different security camera ecosystem. I am a loyal customer; I use about 20 more of the Arlo Q's in my stores and every new store gets Arlos as well. Your lack of support is contributing to environmental damage in the form of e-waste since your products are worthless without your overpriced support plans.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
calhoward
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue has been solved. Arlo support reached back out to me and were very helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe if you called Arlo and didn't pick a scam company on the Internet from a Google search, you'd get some satisfaction. All you had to do is to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here or visit the support link at the top here to get the same link.

calhoward
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue has been solved. Arlo support reached back out to me and were very helpful.