Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q won’t sync

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I added a 5th Arlo Q which I bought brand new. Obviously, I know how to sync them and get the cameras onto my account, however this one won’t sync and times out each and every time. Even trying and sitting close to the router will not make a change.

Any advice? As each time the app keeps idle and the light turns orange again.

Thanks in advance.
12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here. Maybe there's some logs that would provide a clue.

brh
Master
Master

@Tammy18

Previously you asked how many Arlo Q cameras could you use on the free plan and the answer was 5 provided you do not have any other cameras. The free plan limit is 5 cameras per account, so do you have more than 5 cameras in total?

Brian

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
No this was going to be the 5th. So I have 4 perfect working cameras. But this one won’t sync.

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried since yesterday to chat with Arlo but it seems no one is available. How can I get to speak with a rep or should I just return this none sync Arlo Q.
I now exchanged this one and the other one doesn’t sync either. I have four working Arlo Q that work well but in the past also had some that wouldn’t sync and replaced them. Once I got a “brand new” one out of the package that had videos of a guy at a condo, installing the Arlo... not so brand new!

In the past it was easy to get in touch with them but now it seems a hassle.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Yes, sometimes it's hard to contact Arlo during/around holidays... but it's always worth to try afew times.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@Tammy18

Go to this page and scroll down until you see the dropdown box listing the different phone numbers for each country and select the one for your country. The us number is the default.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Meanwhile, check to see that the router ethernet port to the camera and cable are working properly.

Brian

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got help through the chat!
It seems to be old firmware that can only be updated when you can sync the camera. So back to exchange this one.
I learned that you can set up the camera on a computer as well which I never did but that didn’t work for this one. I’m happy with Arlo chat help
brh
Master
Master

@Tammy18

A lot of unscrupulous sellers often sell refurbished ot returned items as new. I have never had a problem with Best Buy. I don't know if that is where you got the used camera from or not. I hope not.

Brian

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
All my cameras come from Best Buy. I wouldn’t dare to buy a used or refurbished one. So I will be heading back to Best Buy.
brh
Master
Master

@Tammy18

If the next one doesn't work, please let us try to help you figure out what is wrong with the camera. I do realize you have a lot of experience in installing these cameras, but maybe we can learn enough from your experience to help someone else.

Brian

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Went to Best Buy and exchanged the one I got yesterday and got a new box and same happened as this one won’t sync either.
Tomorrow I will try and see if I can get this one to sync at my office and update firmware there and if that succeed than I take it home
Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the 3rd camera after exchanging the first 2. Again the camera wouldn't sync and I took the camera to my office. Over there the camera was able to sync and I was able to update firmware. 

Took the camera home and tried to sync the camera again and again this camera wouldn't sync. 

Not sure whats going on but I have 4 perfect working Arlo Q cameras working at my house. 

I gave up and bought a Canary as "5th" camera and the set up succeeded at first attempt, within min. 

I really wish the ArloQ was able to work as I like the Arlo system better but Canary is ok, except night view is not a good as from ArloQ. 

If Arlo could have solved it I would have been so much more happy and still wish I could get a 5th Arlo to work