Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q won't discover

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
aakin2014
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a new Arlo Q and have tried to set it up multiple times. It seems be an issue with Arlo being discovered.  I've done the factory reset multiple times, I've tried connecting on my normal network, I've tried adding it on a guest network, my SSID and password to my network are completely alphanumeric with no spaces or characters of any sort and are simple. When I log on to manage my network, Arlo is listed as a connected device, but it's a no-go on the discovery. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aakin2014
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got home and tried again today after a reset...it works! Netgear's issues yesterday seem to have resolved and it's up and working perfectly now

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Douwe
Guide
Guide

Possibly bad timing. My Arlo Q quit today and I went to this forum and found another thread, dated today, where other users are having issues today also. My guess is there is a problem at the Netgear end.

Japasa2255
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two of these cameras one is working fine and the other is now not connected and won't reconnect. It has been working fine for the past year. I have tried several times to reconnect and removed device and rest still no go.
Douwe
Guide
Guide

Now that is not good to hear. I wonder if your cameras have different firmware versions and if it has something to do with firmware?

Japasa2255
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update I held the reset button on the side of the camera for a full 10 seconds and now I got it to reconnect.....
rwb2780
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo q won't connect to network
Douwe
Guide
Guide

There was a problem yesterday at the netgear end but seems to be fixed now.

aakin2014
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got home and tried again today after a reset...it works! Netgear's issues yesterday seem to have resolved and it's up and working perfectly now