Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q will not sink the second time

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
icu2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

When Arlo Q was new it sinked up fine - message to update firmware everything still good - 1 week later it went off line - tried resinking - resetting - no luck - returned it for new one worked fine as the first one did - unpluged it for a day to mount it to its new location in the house and now doesnt sink - sometime software shows camera but says not on line - reset it and it just keep on looking for connection - I have 4 wireless and they work fine - I bought 6 Q's and only have two that still work from original sink - did I get 4 bad cameras?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That seems unlikely but it's certainly possible. What happens if you move the cameras near your router? If they work there, it would seem to be something about the WiFi signal. You can try power cycling your router to see if that helps.
icu2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am only 10 feet from the router - I have rebooted router - reset camera - tried both moble device and computer - new camera out of the box worked - maybe its the updated firmware?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fast thing to do is swap at the store. Otherwise, open a case with support.

icu2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that is sort of what I did - Bought 2 pack and 1 went off line with no luck getting it back on - bought 2 more, the one I unplugged for a day to work on a new mount and it never came back on line - I'm afraid that after the inital setup and firmware update that if they go off line I will not be able to sink them again - inital sink worked fine on all of them, the one that drop off line and the one I unplugged for a day will not sink again - the one did show up on my account but showed as offline, but captured a couple motions - never showed on line and will not view live

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What firmware is installed? Old versions cause issues. Compare yours with what's listed in the Release Notes section here.
hombode
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had the same prob and did hard reset and everything, no luck. Went to support and they had me remove Arlo Q from account, do a 20 second reset, and go set up again. Worked like a champ!
hombode
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh, had to add Arlo back to account after reset/before set up again