Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
enigmaaron
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo Q that I've had for years(?) working just fine. The other day after a power failure at my house the light started blinking amber. This had happened before several months ago and I had to do a factory reset and re-add it to my account to get it back online. This time however that is not working. I removed it from my account and did a factory reset. It starts up and goes to a blinking amber light. I then proceed with setup using either the iOS app or computer, it blinks blue when I hit the set button, and when it scans the QR code it just goes right back to blinking amber. No chime or sound of any sort. I have unplugged it for extended periods and tried again. Even bought a new wifi router (for other reasons). But still the same thing happens. I have two pro cameras on a base station that are working fine. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
enigmaaron
Tutor
Tutor
Wanted to follow up that I finally got the camera working again today. After a bit of back and forth with support someone finally suggested a method of connecting the camera using WPS. This worked, somewhat. The camera connected and said it needed a firmware update so I had it do that. Once that was done it kept cycling between connecting and showing offline in the app, and the light blinking blue. I tried re-adding it using WPS with the same results. So I then tried connecting using the normal method through the app and voila it’s finally connected! In case anyone runs into a similar issue here are the steps to use WPS to connect the camera.

1. This time, kindly reset the camera for 60 seconds, wait for the cameras LED turns to blinking amber.

2. Login to your Arlo account.

3. Go to Add Device > Select Arlo Q.

4. When you are in the page where you need to enter your WiFi credentials, do not click continue.

5. Press the WPS button on the router for 2 seconds.

6. Press the sync button on the camera, until the cameras LED turns to blinking blue.

7. Then go back to the Arlo app, hit continue. (There is no need to scan the QR code).

8. Follow the onscreen instruction and see if the camera will be discover this time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Move the Q camera closer to router and attempt a reset and then install as new

if it installs then move back ( should rehook automatically to WiFi ),

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
enigmaaron
Tutor
Tutor
I’ll give it a shot, it’s only like 15-20 feet from the new router though. And previously was only 5 feet from a Google Wifi puck.
enigmaaron
Tutor
Tutor

@TomMac No luck. I moved the Arlo Q right next to the router. Also tried various versions of case for the wifi name. The name is mixed case, but I tried all caps and all lowercase as well. Also tried creating a guest wifi network with a different name in all lowercase. Have also tried both 2.4G and 5G networks. All with the same result.

One thing I did notice, when the wifi name is in the correct case it fails right away. The camera light goes from blinking blue to blinking amber a few seconds after showing it the QR code. If the wifi name is the wrong case then it stays blinking blue for a while, I presume until it times out and goes back to blinking orange. Not sure if that means anything. Anyone have any other ideas?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

enigmaaron
Tutor
Tutor
Wanted to follow up that I finally got the camera working again today. After a bit of back and forth with support someone finally suggested a method of connecting the camera using WPS. This worked, somewhat. The camera connected and said it needed a firmware update so I had it do that. Once that was done it kept cycling between connecting and showing offline in the app, and the light blinking blue. I tried re-adding it using WPS with the same results. So I then tried connecting using the normal method through the app and voila it’s finally connected! In case anyone runs into a similar issue here are the steps to use WPS to connect the camera.

1. This time, kindly reset the camera for 60 seconds, wait for the cameras LED turns to blinking amber.

2. Login to your Arlo account.

3. Go to Add Device > Select Arlo Q.

4. When you are in the page where you need to enter your WiFi credentials, do not click continue.

5. Press the WPS button on the router for 2 seconds.

6. Press the sync button on the camera, until the cameras LED turns to blinking blue.

7. Then go back to the Arlo app, hit continue. (There is no need to scan the QR code).

8. Follow the onscreen instruction and see if the camera will be discover this time.