Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Bought Arlo Q last week and got it to sync, connect etc.

This afternoon it says it's not connected to the router and have tried to re-sync numerous times it chimes after scanning QR code then buzzes when it won't connect to my wifi network.

Have tried reset button also.

Also tried deleting camera and adding it back again.

The only thing I did today was change my wifi security settings so they were more secure and to try and get the best signal.

Could this be the reason why I now cannot reconnect the camera??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Thankyou jguerdat

SSID and Password had no special characters. (We have EZ cast crappy dongle.)

Set up a guest network and voila my new Arlo Q is back up and running again!

Yay - still waiting for rechargeable batteries from an Australian supplier, but looking forward to trying the Arlo Q with the Arlos together.

Very interested in the Arlo Q Plus when it hits Aussie shores also for obvious reasons.

Again, many thanks for your fast help - much appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Quite possibly, especially if the SSID and/or passphrase have special characters in them.  If so, try using only alphanumeric characters (I had to remove an underscore which caused issues for both my Q as well as Google's Chromecast).  Another way to go or to test is to enable the guest network if your router supports it and see if that connects ok.

Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Thankyou jguerdat

SSID and Password had no special characters. (We have EZ cast crappy dongle.)

Set up a guest network and voila my new Arlo Q is back up and running again!

Yay - still waiting for rechargeable batteries from an Australian supplier, but looking forward to trying the Arlo Q with the Arlos together.

Very interested in the Arlo Q Plus when it hits Aussie shores also for obvious reasons.

Again, many thanks for your fast help - much appreciated.