Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q schedule and motion sense

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
creekbird
Follower
Follower

If I set the Arlo Q to a schedule to record after (lets say) 7pm till 6am (at night) ... will it simple start recording then .. or will it only record then, if it senses motion (asuming motion is on and sensativity is high enough? The way it presents this is confusing to me. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

creekbird wrote:

If I set the Arlo Q to a schedule to record after (lets say) 7pm till 6am (at night) ... will it simple start recording then .. or will it only record then, if it senses motion (asuming motion is on and sensativity is high enough? The way it presents this is confusing to me. Thanks

The Q camera, like the rest of the Arlo family are really 'motion detect then record' type of camera.  So if you ARM the Q camera, it will record if motion is detected. When you schedule the camera, in effect you are arming it to a time slot, say from 7pm to 6am as you stated...motion required to record.

There is one exception with the Q cameras, An optional paid service called CVR allows the camera to record 24/7 ( and the whole time is viewable )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

creekbird wrote:

The Q camera, like the rest of the Arlo family are really 'motion detect then record' type of camera.  So if you ARM the Q camera, it will record if motion is detected. When you schedule the camera, in effect you are arming it to a time slot, say from 7pm to 6am as you stated...motion required to record.

There is one exception with the Q cameras, An optional paid service called CVR allows the camera to record 24/7 ( and the whole time is viewable )

Morse is faster than texting!