Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q periodically stops recording and has weak WiFi signal blinking purple light

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloUser99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Q cameras both running firmware 1.9.0.0_269 and experiencing two problems.

1) The camera periodically stops recording, I log into the app and there have been no recordings for a day, if I reboot the camera the issue is fixed. I shouldn't have to reboot the camera to maintain a working solution.

2) Both cameras are about 3 metres from one of my Google WiFi points and are periodically showing the blinking purple light that means low WiFi signal. For example, this morning I looked at one of the cameras and it was showing 1 bar of strength, I rebooted it and it now shows full signal strength. Other than rebooting it anything I can do to fix this?

I have tried factory resetting the camera but still experience the issues.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure the Q camera is hook into the close wifi feed... I had an issue where my Q was hook into the wrong wifi access ( which I only found out after going into router and satellites )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ArloUser99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. It looked like one was connected to the closest and one wasn't, so still a little odd that they were both showing the purple light. My understanding is that there is no way to force a device to connect to a specific Google Mesh point.

My biggest concern is the devices stopping recording.