Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - no remote audio

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
splivbak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just extended my Wirefree Arlo network with an Arlo Q, as I would like to be able to hear and speak through the device.  I can hear audio from the camera, but I can't use the microphone to speak through the camera remotely.  The microphone is turned on and the volume is turned up.  I've reset and updated the Firmware, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
splivbak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not to worry!!  It's working now, not entirely sure anything changed but all seems to be good now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
splivbak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not to worry!!  It's working now, not entirely sure anything changed but all seems to be good now.

Thanks

daviesd
Guide
Guide

I am having the same problem.  The mic works when I am at home but when I am away all I get is please wait.  What am I doing wrong?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daviesd,

Are you using your cell phones data network or are you on a WiFi connection when attempting to use the mic when you are away? This could be a data speed issue considering it works when you are at home.

JamesC

daviesd
Guide
Guide

I think I am using the data network but I would think for that amount of money it should still work.  What if I want to talk to someone or someone breaks into my house when we are on the highway?