Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd and 3rd Arlo Q time out before registering

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jdma
Aspirant
Aspirant

yesterday I was able to register and successfully set up the first of 3 Arlo Q cameras.

Today I have tried to set up the other 2 following the "Add Devise" on the screen of my ipad pro and also tried my Iphone 6+. I get the camera blinking blue, use the QR Code, hear the chime and wait on connection to occur. Whilst waiting for the camera to connect, after approx half to a minute, I hear a buz from the camera, the blue light reverts to blinking orange and the connection fails.

I tried a re-set on one of the cameras as suggested and this made no difference.

I am setting up 2 feet from the Router and my IPad is measuring Speed at 109.22Mbps Download and 2.39Mbps Upload so don't believe it is the wifi connection.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdma
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply – you have to make sure that the password that you enter is your password for the router and it is entered correctly along with the name of the network.

For assistance go to: 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Hope this is helpful

JDMA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jamesnlee1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the identical problems.  The big problem is that there is no live tech support. I may take everything back to thArloe store and get a refund.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you successfully synced one camera I don't really have an answer. The usual problem is nonalphanumeric caharcters (spaces, underscores, etc.) in either the SSID, passphrase or both. I had to rename my 5GHz SSID to get mine to work on that band. Try using the reset button on the other cameras and see if that helps.

jdma
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply – you have to make sure that the password that you enter is your password for the router and it is entered correctly along with the name of the network.

For assistance go to: 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Hope this is helpful

JDMA

jdma
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Problem was mine because I wasn't entering the network password correctly.

JDMA