Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
aimfire
Tutor
Tutor

I just got a new iphone and when I'm trying to add my new device on geofencing. The new phone appears for a second then disapears before I have the chance to select it. I do still have my old phone for a few days but it is turned off and I deleted the Arlo app. Is there a way to add a new primary movile device? 

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aimfire,

The new phone should remain selectable in the enabled devices list. Consider reinstalling the Arlo mobile app on your new device and try again.

JamesC

aimfire
Tutor
Tutor
Tried that and no difference. The new phone is listed as “unavailable” and still disappears.... Any other ideas?
aimfire
Tutor
Tutor

yummyco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m glad I’m not the only one have this issue. And I too have tried reinstalling the app, reset base station, uninstall app from old phone, none of these worked.

yummyco
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new phone I’m trying to setup is an iphone 8 if that matters

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider turning off your WiFi connection and allow the phone to connect to mobile data, also be sure location is enabled.

Log in to your Arlo mobile app and try enabling your mobile device again, are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

aimfire
Tutor
Tutor

Geofencing is still not working - which is getting very irritating. I deleted the app, reinstalled, deleted all devices and reinstalled them. Now my phone is staying selectable but when I set up geofencing it won't save my address and just defaults back to armed. Any ideas? 

aimfire
Tutor
Tutor

Have you had any luck? 

yummyco
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, connecting with mobile network didn’t help. And I have the exact same issue of not able to save my address if I managed to select my phone from the geofencing by doing it quick enough before it disappears.
rrogan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem trying to add my girlfriend's phone. I have my android phone enabled, but her iPhone doesn't show up at all when I look under the enabled devices on my phone, or on hers, when she's signed into her account with granted access.

If I sign into my account (the main account) on her phone, her iPhone shows up for a second and then dissapears. She was on iOS version 10.3.3 yesterday, updated to 11.0.1 today, and same problem still. Her iOS location settings are set to Always for Arlo as well.

Tried uninstalling the app, restart phone, reinstall app, which didn't work. Removed all devices and re-added them with no luck. Running out of ideas of things to try.

yummyco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, given I only setup my arlo with single device which is not working at the moment, I have to use IFTTT for now with limited geofencing function.