Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Elmooro
Tutor
Tutor
Hi all, the video quality on my Arlo Q is poor when I'm sure it used to be good. I think it might be down to a low resolution but the only visible setting in the device settings is the brightness - no optimization or resolution. I'm running the app on a Google Pixel 2, am I missing something?
12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have my Q hooked up right now but on other cameras it's called Power Management these days. Have you looked there?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to Settings of Q camera, rez is under Video Setting

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Elmooro
Tutor
Tutor
The settings are missing from the device settings page so suspect it's an app issue, reinstalling app didn't help
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Elmooro

Is this setting missing in the Arlo Mobile app and web? What App version are you using on your phone? Is it possible to provide a screenshot?

Elmooro
Tutor
Tutor
Hi ShayneS, missing in the app but can't seem to log onto the we to check. App version is 2.12.2_27010, screenshot attached. Cheers
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Elmooro

What OS version is your phone running? 

I was not able to replicate this issue on a pixel 3 App 2.12.12 (Android 10) & iphone 11.

Have you tried to remove & re-install the app?

Elmooro
Tutor
Tutor
Pixel 2 XL running android 10. Reinstalled app status remains the same. Just installed app on my wife's Pixel 2 XL and all settings visible.....?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Elmooro

Are you a granted access user/account?

Elmooro
Tutor
Tutor
How can I check that, do I need to log on via the Web?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Elmooro

Are you the owner of the system with the admin account? Did you set up the Arlo base station & devices & create an account?

Elmooro
Tutor
Tutor
Yes it's all mine on my account, no base station just 1 x arlo q
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Elmooro

I apologize for the confusion, I miss read the thread. Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the Arlo Q?