Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
phattrance
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why am i not able to watch live preview on the arlo q system on my iphone xs max? I have the latest version of the app (2.7.5) and as soon as i press the live preview button the entire phone freezes and im not even able to shut down the app for 30 - 60 sec. During this time im not even able to restart my phone (non of the phones buttons work during the freeze).

WTF is going on?? Ive had this problem with the past 3 updates and this been going on for many months now.

Edit: I have tried to diable the microphone both on iphone settings and app settings. Im also on the latest version of iOS. Ive also tried to reinstall the app without any results. 

8 REPLIES 8
phattrance
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why am i not able to watch live preview on the arlo system on my iphone xs max? I have the latest version of the app and as soon as i press the live preview button the entire phone freezes and im not even able to shut down the app for 30 - 60 sec. During this time im not even able to restart my phone (non of the phones buttons work during the freeze).

WTF is going on?? Ive had this problem with the past 3 updates and this been going on for many months now.

Edit: I have tried to diable the microphone both on iphone settings and app settings. Im also on the latest version of iOS. Ive also tried to reinstall the app without any results. 

Majedah
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
phattrance
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is a video demo (see video below) on how it looks like with the latest version of the Arlo app on my iPhone XS Max. I have the same problem with both my Arlo Q (i have one of the Q  modell) and my Wireless cameras (i have 3 of them).

As you all can see, as soon as i press the "live" button, the entire app freezes and im not able to do anything. It doesnt even show the right preview on the thumbnail before it freezes. Im not even able to close the app during the "freeze" (untill the app crashes by itself)

I have reseted the entire camera, deleted all settings, tried both 2,4 and 5ghz wifi network, disable the microphone and tons of other stuff. 

Since 4 months back, ive not been able to use any of my cameras due to this.  What the hell is going on???

Video: 

phattrance
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ang also, ive talked to the support today for over 1 hour and it was the most worless time taking support ever. Got questions like "have you rebooted your phone" questions. Geez ive been having this problem for more than 3 months now. i have done all random settings and tasks. 

1 hour of my life that i will not get back!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @phattrance,

Have you tried downloading the latest Arlo app version, which is 2.7.6? See if that update helps for you. You can read more about it here: Arlo Android App - 2.7.6 - 2nd April 2019

phattrance
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes i did, but unfortunately that didnt help either.  The app freezes as soon as i click on the live preview button, as the video aboe shows

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried checking the permissions, especially "Background App Refresh" and "Cellular Data", to make sure it is toggled on? Try to log out of the Arlo app, force close the app, revoke all the permissions, restart your iPhone, re-enable the permissions, and re-login again to see if that helps. If it doesn't, let me know.