Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q fails to register

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
av8meck
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried setting up the Arlo Q on several and get the same result on each device. 

On Android I get the message "Your session has expired. Please log in" after selecting 'I Agree' on the Arlo Terms of Service page while doing the setup.

On windows laptop after selecting 'Agree' on the Arlo Terms of Service page I get 'Registering New User' pop up for a moment and will either bring me back to the Device Discovery page or the Login page. 

On iPad I get 'The Request timed out'. 

Everything up to the Terms of Service works fine. I verified that the Arlo is connected to my wifi network and the app does find it during the setup process. I verified that the tablet, laptop and phone are on the same band network as the Arlo during setup. 

What's going on? Is this a Netgear registration server problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo customer,

On Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud from 9PM to 9:15PM Pacific Time. Arlo users may not be able to log into the Arlo apps or the web portal during this 15 min update. But rest assured the cameras will continue to function as expected during this update and your recordings will be updated to the cloud as expected. 

After the update is complete, you will be able to login and access all your camera activity as usual. We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE - May 2nd at 9:20 PM PDT

The update to the Arlo cloud has been completed with minimal down time. Users that may have attempted to log into the Arlo app or web portal during that time may have seen an error of "Incorrect Username or password". You should no longer encounter this issue now that the update is complete. 

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior with logging into Arlo please let us know at Arlo Support.

Thank You,

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What's going on? Is this a Netgear registration server problem?

yes, it was mentioned by another there was a temp server issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo customer,

On Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud from 9PM to 9:15PM Pacific Time. Arlo users may not be able to log into the Arlo apps or the web portal during this 15 min update. But rest assured the cameras will continue to function as expected during this update and your recordings will be updated to the cloud as expected. 

After the update is complete, you will be able to login and access all your camera activity as usual. We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE - May 2nd at 9:20 PM PDT

The update to the Arlo cloud has been completed with minimal down time. Users that may have attempted to log into the Arlo app or web portal during that time may have seen an error of "Incorrect Username or password". You should no longer encounter this issue now that the update is complete. 

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior with logging into Arlo please let us know at Arlo Support.

Thank You,

Arlo Team