Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q does not reconnect after loosing the signal

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HugoDiaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cams do not reconnect -- no power outages, no apparent router reboots --  BOTH cams loose connectivity and STAY out of servce.  To drop connectivity is ok, it will happen-- the reason why it drops is not relevant -- but cams must save the password and reconnect without human intervention. This requirement ( I would bet on) should to be part of your design document but it was not implemented.

This is a significant BUG.  In the world of QA it's called "incomplete deployment" -- guys please fix it and give us an honest schedule, we see reports for this issue a couple of years back.  It has to be a known issue in your shop because it is easy to reproduce.

Have 2 cameras; the cottage is one bedroom/bath and a living area; the router is no farther than 20 feet from the cams.  It works very well in general.

Serial Number 4SS16CSW2E9C8 cam1, version 2.4.4_17405 Relased 6/29/17

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried and reset the Q ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HugoDiaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correction -- Model is X VMC 3040 | Arlo-Q HD with Audio

about reSync the cam

it requires physical presence to read the QR code.  No help there

Kremmen
Guide
Guide

I've only had one instance so far but it does look like an internet interruption does mean a power cycle is needed to get it to search for the router.

My other camera system, fortunately, keeps trying to connect after either a power or internet disconnect. I got the ArloQ as a backup to my other system so I'm covered by 2 different companies systems.