Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
mechanics200
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo Questions has a steady Blue light but I have a message that device could not be found. What now. Has happened several times.
19 REPLIES 19
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mechanics200,

Where are you seeing this error message? During setup? When attempting to live stream?

Please give us more details surround the issue.

JamesC

mechanics200
Tutor
Tutor

Plugging in it goes to solid blue and is never discovered during set up.  I did several resets and still had trouble with it reading the QR code.  Eventually used a different phone and was successful.  Daytime vision is fine.  Night vision is very short range about five feet.  ALso have used a Piper system and the ir worked great and could see the room it was in as well as the next.  The Arlo free work better.

Rob777
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same connection issue. I bought two cameras and I have tried them both with the same result. Neither camera is connecting to Wi-Fi, although phones, iPads, and the Arlo hub for our other cameras are connected without a problem. The camera I am trying to install is in the same room as the router. I have tried to factory reset several times without success. Should I return the cameras as defective or am I doing something wrong? Thank you!
Rob777
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same connection issue. I bought two cameras I have tried them both with the same result. Neither camera is connecting to Wi-Fi, although phones, iPads, and the Arlo hub for our other cameras are connected without a problem. The camera I am trying to install is in the same room as the router. I have tried to factory reset several times without success. Should I return the cameras as defective or am I doing something wrong? Thank you!
strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having same problem 😞 very frustrating with the Arlo Q connecting!

ulysses2104JMR
Aspirant
Aspirant
I Camera Q won’t connect to my WiFi
ulysses2104JMR
Aspirant
Aspirant
If it’s taking too long there’s a problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try moving the camera close to the router for syncing and then move it to the permanent location. If no good, try a reset of the camera using the reset button until the LED flashes amber. Is your WiFi using WPA2? It won't work without that.

strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried the Q cam by the base ..no connection either..tho i see solid purple..signifying it recognizes the cam but no internet? Is that the WPA2 u r talking about?....now the base is connected to my cable modem which has a port to it access to internet..because I'm able to retrieve 1 of the cameras (have'nt connected the 2 yet, w/c seems easy). So...Q have to change settings on my PC to WPA2 ?....confused!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q doesn't use a base station, just your router. Perhaps that's what you meant.

Solid purple means weak signal.  If using the reset button until the LED flashes amber and resyncing gives you the same issue, I would swap the camera at the store since it's likely a hardware issue.

Is your cable modem ALSO a WiFi router?  If not, that could be the issue since the Q needs WiFi.  You state that the base is connected to the modem but a modem by itself only supports one Ethernet connection and not WiFi. If not sure, who owns the modem and/or router - you or your ISP?  If the ISP, you may need to ask them about this to get the right equipment and configuration.

As for WPA2, that's a security protocol for WiFi networks which makes it difficult for others to hack. It would be a setting in the router which again brings the questions about is the modem also a router and who owns it.

starczar
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Q was working fine for about 1 week.  Went offline and now it will not reconnect.  Have unplugged, pressed reset button, gone through the re-sync proceedure 10 times....gets to the chime, but will not connect.  I have seen this reported on various forums numerous times and have read all the "solutions."   I believe this is a defective product.  What good is a security camera that goes offline and you have to be physically present to reset.  I am gone for weeks at a time.  This is unacceptable.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Defects happen. You always have two options - swap at the store or open a case with support here.

strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where and how.... is there a store you can provide for us to swap?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sure - the one you bought it from.

zasker33
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue I’ve had my camera for a year no problems. Now it won’t connect.

Help
ulysses2104JMR
Aspirant
Aspirant

my Q camera won"t connect to the wi-fi it worked for 6 months then it went to off-line and now it won"t connect at all.

strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sounds like more of a headache on a disfunctional defect on the Q's! Got mine as a gift a week ago...hooked up the wireless ones 2 so far and looks great and I can see it on my cell ....but I dont see any capturing motion?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ulysses2104JMR, zasker33

Try rebooting the camera and bring it close to the router to see if you still experience an issue (unplug power and bring within a few feet of the router). If you're still experiencing an issue, navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Q > Remove device. After the device is removed, perform a manual factory reset by pressing and holding the reset button until the camera reboots. Log in to your Arlo account and click "Add Device" select Arlo Q and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

starczar
Tutor
Tutor

Did the complete reset routine again and moved camera to within 2' of router.  Everything went fine till I got to the "discovery" process.  Got a message about it taking too long but I just left it alone for a couple of minutes.  It was finally "discovered" and it now seems to be functioning again.  We'll see how long it works. If it goes offline again, I will take both Arlo Q's I bought as a twinpack from Costco back to the store.  I have 3 Arlo Pros outside, and they seem to be more reliable, though I did have to reset the base station 1x early on, and their 2-3 second delay in capturing motion is problematic for use as a security camera.  So far I give the whole system a grade of C-, but reviews on other systems are worse, so I'm not sure if the whole homeowner security camera market is just not where it needs to be.