Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

STILL Grainy, pixelated video quality, Camera's have 3 bars (Part 3)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dmmack
Apprentice
Apprentice

This issue is not resolved. 

I've had all the same glitches on my two Arlo Q Plus cameras (that replaced two Arlo Q cams) the entire time I've used them (over a year), set to Auto Flicker adjustment. These freezes in the video and ghosting or pixelation glitches have never been resolved no matter how strong the signal, on POE or WiFi, etc. 

I just changed both cameras to 50hz, and it seems to have stopped the pixelation glitches from motion-triggered clips. There are still frozen frames (where the video literally freezes, but the audio continues). Is there any validity to the Flicker rate (1080i50 vs 1080i60 I'm assuming is what's being applied in these settings) affecting such glitches? (I'm in the USA.)

Like all the other valid complaints that indicate that netgear/Arlo servers are the problem, is there any movement on resolving this issue that seems to have affected all Arlo cameras (Pro, Q, etc.)? I wonder if better power conditioners are needed in their power supplies.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dmmack,

I'm not sure that this should have any impact on the issue you are describing, but if you're seeing improvement after changing this setting, try sticking with it to see if stays that way. I'll see what I can find out.

Generally, the symptoms you describe point to interference or signal strength issues (not the case given you've tried on PoE). If you continue to experience issues, you might try contacting Arlo Support for further investigation.

JamesC