Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
norl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having difficulty connecting my second Arlo Q (first one works fine).  I went to the Netgear website and they had a technican call me.  Bottom line, they took control of my computer, and told me I had issues with my server (first one worked and is still working) and they could fix it for a fee.  I sensed I was being scammed and logged them off.  IS this truely the way Netgear handles this?  Has  anyone had a similar issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
norl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got to the reight people and things are workingg now.  I have names and phone nubers on the scam people if that would help Netgear.  

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DO NOT pay....  when you search for Netgear support , many times outside private companies sneak in the mix.

Use only the support at the bottom of page ; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

norl wrote:

I was having difficulty connecting my second Arlo Q (first one works fine).  I went to the Netgear website and they had a technican call me.  Bottom line, they took control of my computer, and told me I had issues with my server (first one worked and is still working) and they could fix it for a fee.  I sensed I was being scammed and logged them off.  IS this truely the way Netgear handles this?  Has  anyone had a similar issue?

Good plan! That was one of bogus sites that Netgear has been trying to get shut down. Specifically, what site and phone number did you contact so we can pass the info on to NG legal?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Please check your computer for malware

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

norl,

Are you still having issues connection the second Arlo Q? Can you give us details on what you are experiencing?

jamesC

norl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got to the reight people and things are workingg now.  I have names and phone nubers on the scam people if that would help Netgear.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

norl,

Please send me a private message with any information you have on the scam service. It would also be helpful to know how you came across it (google search, link from another website etc.)

Thank you,

JamesC

rj2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

having problems connecting

rj2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo Q will not connect to router. Please help!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need details of what you've tried and what you see. Have you tried a camera reset by pressing the reset button until the LED flashes amber? More explicit details will help us get you going faster.

rj2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

having issues with sync on my computer and smart phone can anyone help ?

rj2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all trouleshooting instructions and still can not connect arlo Q

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rj2017,

At what point in the setup process are you experiencing an issue? Are you seeing any error messages? Please provide details?

JamesC