Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CRMSR
Follower
Follower

Can,t get these cameras to connect. I have tried everything I can think of and all I see is , Did not connect please try again. For the amount I paid for this system there should not be this much of a problem, to get it to work.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problem is special characters in the SSID and/or passphrase.  There's been a firmware update to help resolve some of the issues but I don't know that all characters are available.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CRMSR,

As mentioned above by jguerdat, special characters could be the cause of the issue if the cameras are on older firmware. Take a look at this article for instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue further: Can special characters in a network name cause problems for Arlo Q?

Also consider a factory reset of your Arlo Q to further isolate the issue. Press and hold the reset button until the camera "clicks" and reboots. Allow the camera to come back only and attempt the sync process again.

JamesC

joezarzaur
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue.  Wireless Cameras connect without any issue.  Arlo Q cameras will not connect.  Tried changing passwords and factory resset.  Any other ideas?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both the SSID and passphrase for your WiFi need to be appropriate - certain special characters, including spaces, can cause this.  There was a firmware update that supposedly fixed much of this but if your cameras aren't on that level yet because they haven't been synced, you could be running into the issue.  Try enabling the guest WiFi access on your router if available and use only bland SSID and passphrase characters.  If the camera syncs, the special characters are your problem.  The firmware should then update, perhaps allowing the camera to be reset and synced to your normal WiFi.  If not, change your SSID and passphrase to something that works.  When successful, disable your guest WiFi.

BTW, Arlo isn't the only device that has issues - my Chromecast had the same limitation.