Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q camera can't receonnect into my Dashboard after resetting it

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lfuragganan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Q cameras (around 5 years old).  One of them I reset it as was having issue (synch on/off). After reset the Arlo Q camera, I can't connect this anymore in my Dashboard. Looking at my Router, this Arlo Q camera is connected and has valid Internal IP address like the rest of my Arlo Q cameras. Scanned QR code successfully. But this one can't connect into my Dashboard (keep saying, that it can't be found). As I said, this camera connects into my router's Wi-Fi but my Arlo account Dashboard, can't find it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lfuragganan
Aspirant
Aspirant

A little bit of persistence helps, I kept resetting the camera and tried adding it again (probably done around 7x). It finally worked, it got reconnected again. I don't know what I did differently from the previous (6x) attempts. But it got connected. I just can't believe that my camera is faulty all of a sudden. Thanks all for the suggestions. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset, did you also remove it from your account?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062665/How-to-factory-reset-an-Arlo-Q-or-Arlo-Q-Plus-Camera

lfuragganan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I removed the camera from my account. powered off/on the camera again and tried adding it, to no avail. I can see in my router that this camera got an IP address so it got connected to my router but not in my Account (Arlo Dashboard). I also tried connecting this in a different network (my sister's house). Same issue. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also try the reset procedure in the link above?

lfuragganan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I reset the camera using the procedure. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like a faulty camera. The current product, if you want to buy one, is the Essential Indoor.

lfuragganan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow. No one else can provide any more suggestions. Just the camera is defective? It was working until I reset it and removed it from my account. All of a sudden it's defective. The camera is getting IP address but not appearing/connecting anymore in my Dashboard. I just can't believe that my camera is defective. Anyway, I'm hoping that someone can still provide more suggestions but if not, then so be it. 

lfuragganan
Aspirant
Aspirant

A little bit of persistence helps, I kept resetting the camera and tried adding it again (probably done around 7x). It finally worked, it got reconnected again. I don't know what I did differently from the previous (6x) attempts. But it got connected. I just can't believe that my camera is faulty all of a sudden. Thanks all for the suggestions.