Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Menard
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Arlo Q camera, and since i do my app update on my iPhone 6, i can't zoom more then 2x! It's a bug ?
72 REPLIES 72
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Biddy! We appreciate your encouragement. Issues do get prioritized and worked on based on that priority. Thanks for your positivity!

Biddy-r
Star
Star

Feels like this is being ignored rather than prioritised.  Simply unacceptable timescale to resolve this customer dissatisfaction issue.  

DanielT wrote:

Hi Biddy! We appreciate your encouragement. Issues do get prioritized and worked on based on that priority. Thanks for your positivity!

jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
Another update to the IOS app today and still no fix. Almost 5 months of non-action Daniel - can you give everyone an update and ETA of a fix?
Biddy-r
Star
Star
Difficult to stay positive when your constantly being ignored
jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yet another two weeks have passed with no fix and worse still no update from Negear on either this thread or in support tickets. Daniel - what has been done to fix the issue?
Nethalite
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am guessing they are busy trying to get the arlo pro 2 out before any fixes to the app. I was expecting a arlo doorbell to happen after the arlo baby release. Guess I shouldn't have my hopes up as I suspect the future line up will be.
1. Arlo pro 2 (2018)
2. Arlo q plus 2 (2019)
3.. Arlo baby 2 (2020)
4. Arlo pro 3 (2021)
jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
Daniel, has there been any progress the past month? Any closer to a fix or even an ETA?
Biddy-r
Star
Star

Soon be Christmas, you never now if we've all been good, Netgear might reward us with the as sold ability of 8X zoom on our Arlo’s?

Biddy-r wrote:
Difficult to stay positive when your constantly being ignored

alienz
Guide
Guide

It's mind boggling that this hasn't been fixed.

Not only is it listed incorrectly on sites like Best Buy, but even on the Arlo.com store page, under technical specifications it lists 8x digital zoom.

If I were a brand new customer and called support saying that I can't get 8x zoom to work despite it being advertised, what would the response be?  It's been months upon months on what should be a simple fix.  Now it's legitimate false advertising.

Stop giving the generic run of the mill responses, which are likely lies.  It was brought up in a meeting months ago, and nothing came of it?  No one had any issues at all with flat out blatant false advertising?  No one had issues with one of the core features of the product not working at all?

I get that at the end of the day it's all about profits so you guys couldn't care less, but man, this is a bit ridiculous.

Nethalite
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well I know you can zoom it x8 after you download the clip to your phone but can't do it on live view or the records clips on their cloud services. Guess whoever does the script/coding for their camera/app are not mentioned about the problem as most of their focus is on the new arlo pro 2. Guess no arlo doorbell.
dvegas
Guide
Guide

They changed the iphone/ipad app for arlo back in April or May and the live zoom went from 8x to 2x.  They still haven't fixed this issue and have been giving the customers the run around.  Please stop making excuses and fix this.  I have almost a thousand dollars invested in these cameras and they are basically useless now for live view. 

jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
can anyone from NETGEAR provide an update on this? Aside from the raised support ticket (also ignored) is there another way to have a fix prioritised?
Biddy-r
Star
Star
Shocking customer service
Biddy-r
Star
Star
Another update, still not fixed. A complete disregard to trading standards and customers. Shocking Netgear, shocking
dvegas
Guide
Guide

Please fix this already. It's been 8 months. What horrible customer service.

Biddy-r
Star
Star

Enough is enough

trading standards case coming your way

product states 8X it’s on the box, camera will not zoom to 8X and clearly Netgear have no intention to fix

jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
App updated today to version 2.4.7 and zoom appears to be working again... and it only took a year!
Boskobuha
Guide
Guide
Guys do you think quality is 1080p, how to check that? My video is looking bad, setup i checked and there it’s 1080p
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Download the video and check the EXIF details.

Boskobuha
Guide
Guide
Frame width 416
Frame height 240
Frame rate 14fr/s
This is nod HD
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Toggle your resolution to anything else, save, test, change back to 1080p, save, test. Any difference? If not, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the latest version of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Be sure to check the app store and update to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.7 - 7th March 2018

JamesC

Boskobuha
Guide
Guide
It works now, thanks