Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Krizrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Q cameras one for quite some time, the new one unfortuantely will not allow me to turn off the flashing blue light - i have turned it off in the options but it doesn't disable it on the device...

My first Arlo Q works fine and never shows the blue light as I turned it off in the settings...

What gives?! I've done factory reset on it and still the same - is this common? is it broke? it's really important i have this turned off as it annoy my partner and she removes the camera from the socket !

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're sure it's blue and not purple? A slow purple flash means a poor signal. Try moving the camera closer to the router to see if it goes out.

Krizrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry you are completely right it is a purple flashing light and has been flashing on the camera ever since the day I got it...

Why is it doing that? it works perfectly and has been all over the house - wifi reception is for sure not a problem as it's in the same room as it. The other Arlo Q is same room and doesn't do this..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping the cameras around. That would prove a signal issue. If it follows the camera, I'd contact support using the link at the bottom here for possible faulty hardware.