Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q camera disconnects, flashes blue, buzzes, flashes orange, the turns purple

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloPerson
Initiate
Initiate

I have been having an issue with my Arlo Q camera. While it is running probably around 10-20 time a day it will do the following.

1. LED starts flashing blue for 2 minutes (I have check the app and it appears to be disconnected when this is happening). 

2. Then an audible buzz can be heard and the LED start flashing orange for around 5-10 seconds.

3. Then LED turns purple for a few seconds 

4. Then the LED goes back to solid blue. 

Video link https://youtu.be/krkW57aCzMk (36sec starts blinking, 2:56 turns orange and buzzes, 3:03 turns purple). I am trying to figure out how to stop if form doing this. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This tends to sound like a hardware problem. I would remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and hold the reset button until the LED flashes amber. After it reboots, reconnect it normally as if new. If the same problem exists, use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here to use your warranty.

lazybot
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just started having the same problem w/ my Arlo Q!
ArloPerson
Initiate
Initiate

I tried to remove the Arlo camera and then add it as if it was a new camera and it is still having the issue.  I tried a few more time just to check and the issue is still happening. Thank you for the suggestion. I will contact support and see what they say. I will make sure if I find a solution to post it in this thread.