Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q apparently recorded a 5 minute video after audio detected, but video cuts out in first second

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CParanoia
Follower
Follower

Basically what it says in the title.  I got a push notification to my phone to say that audio is detected,  in my library it shows that there is a video of length 5 minutes 5 seconds,  but when I try and play it it plays for a fraction of a second and then stops. What is happening here? Oh,  if it's relevant,  I got the push notification about it,  but not the usual email. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First , Push comes at the start of a record while the email comes at the end... since it appears the file got glitched, that's maybe why you didn't get the email.

It may for some reason be a power issue or internet issue or far end...hard to tell.

You can 1) download the file to local and attempt to play there to confirm it's bad ( or play on another device )  2) just in case, I would test a record to comfirm it works and if it seems off do a full reset of the Q ( reset button for ten sec and then resync )

Keep on eye on it to make sure it doesn't act up again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Acam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine did similar. It seemed Arlo can detect a sound, but Arlo can not record video/send email if the sound is too short, Arlo works for a longer sound.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Acam,

The duration of the triggering event should not have any impact on whether a recording is sent. A trigger, audio or motion, should always result in a recording for the minimum duration.

Have you seen more than one occurrence of the behavior described above?

JamesC

Acam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I just tested and my original statement is right.

Unfortanately, what I see is not what you stated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Acam,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC