Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - schedule recordings/trigger manually without motion/audio detection?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Eoren1
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I am about to buy the Arlo Pro (single camera) after comparing it to the Nest and Blink XT system.  My goal for the system is not security but to be used outdoors to monitor an upcoming construction project on our house and record video and/or stills at set times or manually.  Once construction is finished, I plan to use it indoors as a puppy cam.

I've read of limitations such as delay in recording with motion but am wondering if the system can do the following (I read the manual but didn't see these answers):

1. Be set to record at 5pm a 10 second video and/or still

2. If not possible, can I manually pull up the feed and record video/still when I want

3. Can motion/audio detection be turned off and the camera used as-needed via the app to live view the construction and/or puppy

4. If I turn off motion/audio detection and disarm the system overnight, will I potentially see battery life measured in weeks vs days?

Thanks!

E

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

These cameras are designed to be ARMED and then it's 'motion detected-then record'....  so if no motion, there should be no recordings....
Of course you can always record video manually or take snapshots manually any time you want

1) No, only record if manually done UNLESS there is motion and it has been ARMED prior to the time

2)Yes at any time

3) Yes... reminding that if on battery pack only, heavy usage thake more power= less battery life , tho the Pro does plug into ac

4) It depends on how much you record or live view ( takes the most power )... Normal usage under 5 mins per day and you should be able to go at least a month on the battery pack if not longer ( I get about 3 months+ with about 2 mins per day, disarmed at night )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

These cameras are designed to be ARMED and then it's 'motion detected-then record'....  so if no motion, there should be no recordings....
Of course you can always record video manually or take snapshots manually any time you want

1) No, only record if manually done UNLESS there is motion and it has been ARMED prior to the time

2)Yes at any time

3) Yes... reminding that if on battery pack only, heavy usage thake more power= less battery life , tho the Pro does plug into ac

4) It depends on how much you record or live view ( takes the most power )... Normal usage under 5 mins per day and you should be able to go at least a month on the battery pack if not longer ( I get about 3 months+ with about 2 mins per day, disarmed at night )

Morse is faster than texting!