Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - Zones don't work, recording stops prematurely, status light stays on...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
aparis99
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a week of trying out various things with the camera, I've found some quirks and wondering if any else is having issues.

1. The status light I've disabled, but it still shows up sometimes, it seems like the wifi-weak signal, or if it's recording.
2. Zones do not work, at all. No matter if I change it via web or mobile app. Unchecking "Everywhere" has been done.

3. I have the recording to continue untiil motion stops, changed from the default. I've had a few clips where my dog is still walking around and recording stops. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
1) The purple LED will show if the WiFi signal is weak. Right now the workarounds are to move the camera for better reception and/or cover the LED with tape. Inelegant but it works.

2) You don't explicitly say it so I'll ask - are you setting what zones to use in your rules? If so, try resetting the camera using the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber and try again.

3) Don't forget that if motion stops briefly, recording may stop. I don't know how long this period would be so you'd have to test. Once motion is again detectable, recording should start again after a reset period of about 15 seconds.
aparis99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now a new problem:

4.) Camera switched infrared off this morning and now it's been a red/pink tint since. I've turned it off and back on too. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That sounds like a hardware problem. Contact support and open a case. You can try resetting the camera to see if that helps.