Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - Your device is not connected

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shabirdewji
Follower
Follower

My device stays online for a day or two and then I get the following message when I am out of town (in a Hotel) when I try to get a live view that the device if offline.  The app on my samsung note 5 says getting status for about 1/2 a second and then I get the message that the device is offline.  I have contacted Netgear support on 2 occasions with no resolution.  They tell me to contact them when I am on site. Then they ask me to reset the camera and everything works fine for a day or two. Then back to the offline.

What I do not not understand is why I still get notification/email everyday whenever the camera detects a motion.  My house lights go on and off and scheduled times, and I immediately get a notification that Arlo has detected motion and I get see a short 15 sec video, but no luck when I try to get the Live view from my mobile or laptop.

This is what I need an explanation for - why do I get motion detection notification but cannot get Live view.

Also - i am wondering if the solution is to plug the camra to a iHome type device so that I can remotely turn the camera power off and then on to simulate a reset remotely.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The switch is certainly a possibility. First, though, try logging out and back in and/or use a browser. You can use a mobile browser if necessary by using the browser's menu to tell it to use the desktop version.