Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Unable to play. Please try again later." when I try to play Live.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dober
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get the message "Unable to play. Please try again later." when I try to play Live.

This can last for a couple of hours, or even 6 hours, every day.. So the camera is useless at the moment!

This goes for both IOS app and from Arlo site in regular pc on Chrome. 

For the IOS I've tried both wireless and 4G, and even turned on flight modus and back, but I guess the connection is not the problem since both IOS and PC are failing. The wireless at home is also working as I have several other products connected, for instance Netatmo that I get a updated feed the same period. 

I'v tried turning the camera off and on via the settings, but it doesn't help. 

One clue is that when I try to restart the camera from settings, I get the message that the camera is busy at the current moment and the reboot fails.

What can it be active with that prevent it from restart? Maybe that's why its unable to play?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would first reboot the base via the power button.

Then sometimes if the camera is activly recording it can give the result as busy.

Also sometimes a web browser change makes a difference due to flash...like Fire Fox seeems to work the best lately ( last month or so )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dober
Aspirant
Aspirant

I dont think the camera is busy because it's recording, as nothing is saved.

However, I think I found a workaround for the problem.. If i downgrade the video resolution to 240p then I am able to connect, and then I can adjust the resolution back and still be able to connect. Maybe I have to do this every second time I try to view live.. I don't think its related to the wifi at home, using Asus 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless and cable is 50/50 mbps.

Its a bit strange since after I set it to 240p and view live, there is no problem to connect at 1080p afterwards. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dober,

Consider relocating the camera (temporarily) to a different area to further isolate the possibility of WiFi interference being the cause of the issue. When relocating, try to limit the nearby proximity of other wireless devices that could potentially be causing interference.

JamesC