Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

timing out when trying to detect Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jnaeseth
Aspirant
Aspirant

When trying to add Arlo Q device it keeps timing out when trying to detect device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jnaeseth wrote:
When trying to add Arlo Q device it keeps timing out when trying to detect device.

Make sure the SSID and password for your wifi is correct... caps do count. ( there also was an old problem with the Q not reconizing special charactors in the password but I think that was fixed )

If the SSID and Pasword are correct... RESET the Q and try again.

To RESET - Hold in the reset (paperclip)for about 10secs... you'll hear it click and see the front led flash

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jnaeseth wrote:

Make sure the SSID and password for your wifi is correct... caps do count. ( there also was an old problem with the Q not reconizing special charactors in the password but I think that was fixed )

If the SSID and Pasword are correct... RESET the Q and try again.

To RESET - Hold in the reset (paperclip)for about 10secs... you'll hear it click and see the front led flash

jnaeseth
Aspirant
Aspirant
That worked. Thanks. One more question. How do I adjust the settings so I don't get an e-mail every time motion is detected?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jnaeseth wrote:
That worked. Thanks. One more question. How do I adjust the settings so I don't get an e-mail every time motion is detected?

You have to EDIT the mode... ( but better if you recreate the default mode so you don't mess up the original ).

You go to MODE, hit the edit ">" at end, pick camera edit  and on next page uncheck the send mail to box