Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - Yes, another person with a weak wifi signal issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
VWhelan708
Aspirant
Aspirant

From what I've been seeing, weak wifi signal can be pretty common with the Arlo Qs. I'm, of course, having the same issue, but with only 1 of my 2 Qs. Both of them are in the basement. In this first photo, you see my basement stairs. Right across from the opening to the stairs is where the wifi modem and the Arlo base are set. Now move to the next photo.

livingroom.jpg

In this photo, you see the bottom of the basement stairs. Right across from the stairs is a room where one of the Qs has been placed. We have ipads and iphones and have no issues with the wifi signal in that room. Almost a foot behind this picture is where the other Q has been placed. The one that is closest to the stairs is the one that has the weakest signal. It only shows 1 bar and sometimes just freezes or drops off. The second one has 2 and sometimes 3 bars. No issues with this one at all.

basement.jpg 

Thoughts on what may be the cause?? It is up above a tv and cable box, so I don't know if that could be an issue or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VWhelan708
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply!! And yes, we have duct work AND a mirror in there LOL!!! Oops! Guess we'll have to look into an extender!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wifi blockage can be from metal duc work in the wall/ceiling, mirrors , etc... hard to tell.

But the good thing is the Qs work very well with wifi extenders and some times you have to expand your home system.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
VWhelan708
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply!! And yes, we have duct work AND a mirror in there LOL!!! Oops! Guess we'll have to look into an extender!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Will say that the range of the Qs are based on your own home system wifi....

I myself found my home system to be on the weak side compared to the Arlo base  ( looking for a new home system now )

Morse is faster than texting!