Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pibs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone, after a power outage, one of my Arlo Qs is no longer working. It gets stuck at the solid amber light stage. I have tried to reset the camera, but even that does not seem to work. Do I have to assume that it's died? 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Certainly possible but first try a different power adapter that has the same rating (5V, 2A). 

WHen you reset the camera, did you hold the button until the camera clicked and the LED started flashing amber? ALso, because you reset the camera you also have to remove it from your account before you can add it back.

Pibs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hell jguerdat, thank you for your response! I have tried a different adapter. There is power, the amber light turns on (solid).  Problem is with resetting: I does not even click/flash?!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It does take several seconds for the reset to happen (>10 seconds?). If you've held it for longer than that I'd guess the camera is DOA.

Pibs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sigh. Seems like it's dead ;( Thank you for your suggestions. At leadt I know now!

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Hate to tell you this, but the same thing happened to 2 of my Arlo Qs and even after trying everything suggested both in these forums and on Youtube videos, both in English and in other languages for over a year, nothing ever worked and ended up throwing them away. Naturally, Arlo never came through explaining why this happened (it was suggested that the cameras got stuck/corrupted while attempting a firmware update).