Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Cdan
Follower
Follower

I bought three Arlo Q ‘d and a base station. For my store. Two questions: 1) how do I sync them to base station, do they need to be within 1-2 ft?
2) I want to monitor them via cellphone but also have a home Arlo system can I monitor both on one app? Do I need to have a second phone to download the App again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cdan wrote:
I bought three Arlo Q ‘d and a base station. For my store. Two questions: 1) how do I sync them to base station, do they need to be within 1-2 ft?
2) I want to monitor them via cellphone but also have a home Arlo system can I monitor both on one app? Do I need to have a second phone to download the App again?

1) The Arlo Qs do NOT link into the base, they connect to your wifi system directly

Use "add a device" from you live view page and follow the directions to sync ( I find it easier on the computer to sync all devices over apps ) If on app, the phone MUST be on the same network your syncing the Qs to.

2) As long as you have not exceded your total number of cameras ( based on yr service level ) you can view them on the app or at home on computer along with your other cameras.  If you want more than 5 total then it becomes a paid service of (IIRC) $99 per year for up to 10 and you also get 30 days storage ( over 7 on free plan )

OR you can create a second account with a new pw/email but will have to sign into each account separately.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cdan wrote:

1) The Arlo Qs do NOT link into the base, they connect to your wifi system directly

Use "add a device" from you live view page and follow the directions to sync ( I find it easier on the computer to sync all devices over apps ) If on app, the phone MUST be on the same network your syncing the Qs to.

2) As long as you have not exceded your total number of cameras ( based on yr service level ) you can view them on the app or at home on computer along with your other cameras.  If you want more than 5 total then it becomes a paid service of (IIRC) $99 per year for up to 10 and you also get 30 days storage ( over 7 on free plan )

OR you can create a second account with a new pw/email but will have to sign into each account separately.

Morse is faster than texting!