Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Multiple Zones stuck - Duplicated Zones

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CJD_Jr
Aspirant
Aspirant

This comment pertains to activity zones that are being deleted or modified in the video settings portion of the device settings on a PC: Can't modify a zone. Need to delete and re-enter. So in order to modify 3 zones, I had to delete the 3 and then add them back.

Once this was done, under the motion detection rule mode settings, both the old and new zones are shown (6 total)...even though they have the same names. I cannot delete these duplicate zones, and they no longer show up in the video settings portion of the device on the PC.

To make it more confusing, the Android app shows all 6 activity detection zones (3 deleted and 3 created) in both the device settings and the armed mode rules.

Trying to delete the 3 zones in the Android generates errors...zone doesn't exist.

The iphone app seems to get it right, only 3 zones seen in both device and armed mode settings.

I would think that interfacing through the PC should correct any inconsistencies, but apparently it doesn't.

This has happened on 2 Arlo Q devices that I have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove & re-add the camera?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove & re-add the camera?

CJD_Jr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up doing that. All issues were resolved. I didn't know that the device settings were stored on each camera.