Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Push to Talk Not Working Using Chrome in Windows 10 64 Bit

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
eskanos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Q and setup according to instructions. Device software has been updated to 1.8.0_5551.  I am using Windows 10 64 bit with latest version of Chrome.  Everything appears to be working correcly except the push to talk feature.  When I connect to the camera live and push the mic button and window appears that says Please wait and it never goes away.  How do I get this feature to work?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reboot66
Initiate
Initiate

Hi.

Got it working. Hint for others if they have this issue......look for the pop-up that wants you to ALLOW access to your microphone. If you have multiple tabs open, it can (and mine was) be hidden behind other windows and you don't notice it until closing tabs.

All good

Thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
eskanos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Below is screenshot. Please wait message never goes away.

2016-09-17_15-26-10.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different browser or the app.  Any luck?

eskanos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried using Internet Explorer 11, but when I click the speaker button I get a message that says it is not supported on Internet Explorer.  The button works using Android and IOS apps.  It does not work on Chrome from any computer.  Just stalls at Please wait screen.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Chrome has been causing problem recently with the audio...try Fire Fox

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
eskanos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Firefox works. Hopefully it will be fixed eventually in Chrome.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have escalated this topic and it is currently under investigation by the Arlo development team.

JamesC

eskanos
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, thank you.

Reboot66
Initiate
Initiate

Hi..

I have the exact same issue with Chrome (just says "Please Wait"). Can we get an update on this issue?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reboot66,

I have tested this using Chrome and did not have any issues. Consider testing from other browsers, do you also see the same behavior?

JamesC

Reboot66
Initiate
Initiate

Hi.

Got it working. Hint for others if they have this issue......look for the pop-up that wants you to ALLOW access to your microphone. If you have multiple tabs open, it can (and mine was) be hidden behind other windows and you don't notice it until closing tabs.

All good

Thanks for the reply.