Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Not Syncing - Tech Support No Help

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ambuscio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ready to return this! I just got an Arlo Q this past week along with 4 other outdoor Arlo camers and the base station.  I had no issues connecting the four Arlo outdoor camers and base station.  They are working fine.  The Arlo Q will not sync and operate in my living room or dining room.  It will only sync and operate in my kitchen or in my room where the router is located.  I have a small 1300 square foot ranch house.  I read hooking up a wi-fi extender could help so I bought a Netgear wi-fi extender which I have situated at the half way point in my house from where the router is located and where I want the camera to be mounted in my living room.  That did not work.  I have been on the phone with a tech person twice this week for over three hours.  They had me do numerous factory resets and reinstallatons.  They also did a firmware update on their end and told me to leave the camera plugged in overnight and re-plug it in my living room (the firmware update was done with the camera plugged in in the room where my router is located).  That did not work.  The camera will only work in my kitchen (oposite end of my house).  I don't want it there.  It does not capture the area I want under surveillance.  The only thing I can think of is that my Comcast cable TV box is located in the living room and could possibly be causing interference?  Has anyone ever had that type of issue with theirs?  At this point I don't know what to do other than return it.  The thought of being on the phone again for hours on end with a technician who can't help me is enough to make me go crazy! 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ambuscio,

It is possible that there are devices interfering with the connection. You could try and relocate your router closer to the area in which you would like to place the Arlo Q to ensure better signal strength and reduce potential for WiFi interference.

JamesC

ambuscio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had mentioned that my cable TV box is located in the room where I want to install the Arlo, otherwise there are no other electronic devices.  Unfortunately, I am not able to relocate my router.  I was able to get the camera to work in my dining room (right next to my living room and not really where I want it).  It worked for two days and is no longer working.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The fast thing to try is to swap the camera at the store. If it also has the same issues, it would seem to be something unique about your environment.
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

ambuscio wrote:

I had mentioned that my cable TV box is located in the room where I want to install the Arlo, otherwise there are no other electronic devices.  Unfortunately, I am not able to relocate my router.  I was able to get the camera to work in my dining room (right next to my living room and not really where I want it).  It worked for two days and is no longer working.  

The only problems I've had with my Q in the past month are 2 times it was not available in the app, once the light was a solid purple and once the light wasn't on which is the way it is supposed to be when working due to my settings.  Both times I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and in a few minutes it was working again.

Have you tried unplugging your Cable box just to see if that makes any difference?  Also if your router has AC or 5GHz capability you could try turning that radio off to see if the Q works better where you want it to rule out weak signal on the 5GHz side which generally has less reach than the 2.4GHz.