Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Shlds
Follower
Follower

Since the last firmware update (around Feb?) this camera will not connect to my home network.

1. I have tried resetting a number of times. The camera does all the usual clicks when resetting and then I get an amber flashing light.

2. Go through setup procedure and all is fine thus far. I 'show' the QR code to the camera and can hear the chime.

3. As soon as I click Continue I get a 'buzzer' sound which is four descending notes - and the camera LED starts flashing amber again.

I have tried numerous resets. Tried setup on several iOS devices. Tried setup on several Android devices. Tried setup on no less than two PCs and three laptops. Always the same result.

I really am hard pressed to recommend Arlo to anybody as I had a lot of trouble when it *was* working, but now it's just a very expensive paperweight.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opeed a case with support for a possible warranty issue?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Imwalther
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm also having a similar issue. I kept trying to connect to my camera, which had been working fine for nearly a year, but it wouldn't connect. I finally removed the camera from the app and readded it, which it finally found. After that, it kept displaying a message about getting status. I've tried resetting the camera, I've verified the password is only numbers and letters, and have reinstalled the app. I'm pretty lost on what to do and will likely look into if I can return it if I can't get it working again.
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
Mine won't connect either. Is this a joke?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Imwalther,

I would suggest contacting our support team (with the link that jguerdat posted) if it's showing "getting status" message if you already tried a factory reset and reinstalling the Arlo app.

Hey @g3niu5,

Could you clarify what problem you are having when you are saying that your Arlo Q won't connect? Are you seeing an error on the Arlo app or on the web client? What steps have you tried to troubleshoot?

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
Cannot setup the camera at all. I've reset it twice. Right after the "chime" process all the app does is say "searching for devices" and never changes. The Q just blinks blue... I've tried all bands of my router. 2.4 and 5ghz. And they are close to one another
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure your phone is connected to the same network that you're trying to connect your Arlo Q with. If you're still having problems, try to do a factory reset by holding the reset button for about 10 seconds. Then, you'll hear a click and see the front LED flash and then try re-syncing again.