Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - Live image not working and videos not appearing in library

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pom_boy
Guide
Guide

Since I purchased my first Arlo Q in November 2016 I have struggled with its poor reliability.

The current symptoms are:

-Live image will not work from the devices home screen on iOS or on webpage in Chrome

-Live image will not work on CVR screen

-Frequent message to the effect that 'Live streaming is not working right now, please try again'

-Motion and audio triggered videos do not appear in library despite alerts apopearing on iOs home screen

-Wifo signal reported by on screen grapics and coloured led on front of camera is poor, although every other wifi enabled device repots full signal

This behaviour afects only one of two cameras. the cameras are at different sites, althought the camera with all the faults above is on the national Broadband Network with upload between 2.5 and 4 MB/s.

I have run a number of tests on both cameras and ebvery time the subject camera displays one of the faults above, the camra at the other site works perfectly, which leads me to conclude, quite reasonably, that there is a hardware fault in my less that one year old camera.

No amount of resyncing, resetting, factory resetting, firmware updating fixes these issues.

I have attached a number of images which convey the 'Videos not appearing in Library fault' on an iOS device and 'Live image does not work' on the web logion on Chrome.

I've been patient with this device despite it not providing the functionality that I expect from the device and for which I pay a monthly subscription for. I request that I receive assistance directly from a Netgear representive (JamesC or other Netgear representative please) to esacalate these issues so that I can be provided with a new Arlo Q camera for this site.

Thanks and regards.Live image does not work on camera on leftLive image does not work on camera on leftMultiple alerts on iOS home screenMultiple alerts on iOS home screenNo videos in libraryNo videos in libraryNo recordings in libraryNo recordings in libraryonly 1 alert on Arlo icononly 1 alert on Arlo icon

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PITA, but swapping the cameras between locations would help isolate the issue. It could be the location or the camera. Warranty is typically one year so yours' is covered. If needed, open a case with support.

mrxlwdjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought 2 cameras and set them up in the same location and same network. One camera seems to work fine. The second camera has been flakey at best right out of the box. Here are items I noticed:

1) The firmware does not update to 1.8 rev. It still is at 1.7 and I can't figure out how to update it. There is no updates showing in the update window.

2) I have never been unable to connect to the microphone at all. It stays in the "connecting" mode.

3) After working on and off for a day, I now can't connect to it at all remotely. I can't restart it remotely and when I try to connect I get "The camera is starting a motion alert. Please try again".

Please advise what the issue is and if there is a way to push a firmware update into the camera. Should I return the cameras? 

Thanks,

Dave

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Step 1 is to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices. Might also be worth pressing the reset button until the LED flashes amber. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to resync it. It should update the firmware right away.

It's likely that the old firmware was the cause of the issues.

mrxlwdjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that over the weekend and it didn't work. I will try it again next weekend. The camera is at a remote location.

Couple questions:

1) When does the camera go out to look for firmware updates. I saw the amber and blue alternating lights Manual indicated that is when it is updating firmware) go on but the firmware never updated.

2) If this doesn't work is there anything else I could try?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. I would swap atthe store (maybe a new one before returning the other to save time).