Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
UK_PEET
Star
Star

I have had my Arlo-Q and Arlo Smart Home (3 camera) for about 3 months now

With regards the Arlo-Q (which has been plugged in permanently and is aimed to the Road in front of my house) this device worked fine up to about 10 days ago

NOW it is randomly either dis-arming itself, or turning it self off such that it is no longer providing me with 24 hour security.

I have noticed the last 2 days it has turned off at about 7.15 AM - prior to that, it turned off at other random times of day.

I have NOT set it to turn off at any time.

Why is this happening please?

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know what is causing it... could be a few things. But the easiest thing to do is 1) make sure the scheduled arming isn't on, 2) power re-boot your wifi router ,  3) re-set the camera but holding in the re-set button for about 10 secs...( resync will be required )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UK_PEET,

In addition to the troubleshooting TomMac indicates above, what is the LED behavior on your Arlo Q when it appears to be offline?

It could be that the camera is struggling to maintain a connection with your router, (temporarily) try relocating the camera closer to the router, ensuring good WiFi signal strength, to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

UK_PEET
Star
Star

Thanks (both) for your replies but.....

1. I've had to re-set it every day, using all possible methods to get it starting again. It's still happening regularly.  There seems to be a pattern of this happening at about 7:15 am and sometimes it goes off late at night as well (only to be discovered much later). 

2. No schedules have been set as to when the device is "armed" - it is meant to be 24/7
3. The camera is ONLY 10 feet above the router, it can't get any nearer.  

4.  My broadband is superfast (120mb) cable.

5.  I am paying for the Premier Monthly Service - so I shouldn't be running out of "data usage" or what ever it is measured by

Frankly this seems to have become unreliable, does anyone know the customer service line for the UK - tried to Google it and got nothing.

PEET

PS  Led is turned off- as it was reflecting off the windows

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UK_PEET,

Support contact options can be found here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

cherry-pie
Star
Star

This happened to me yesterday. I also posted on this as well. I dont know if this is an issue with the new updates recently or if its a bigger security issue. Either way, i hope this gets fixed. 

UK_PEET
Star
Star

Thanks for the details, James.

For all interested.  I called the Support line this week and after 2 hours on the phone this issue is still not resolved; in fact the proposed fixes suggested by the Support Person actually made things worse, no disrespect to the lady in question though, she tried to be as helpful as she could..... 

I do need to clarify though that the issue, to be more exact, is that the “library” stops showing “motion events” randomly, and only starts showing them in the library when the camera is “re-started”.

The CVR “seems” to continue to record (although totally shut down, with the “fixes” proposed by Support!) and the CVR timeline shows green bars for the “motion events” throughout. 

I would though, rather that the library, reliably showed all events 24/7/365 and not leave it for me to have to keep re-starting the camera, on what is now becoming once a day or more.

This is really disappointing......

Have a good weekend all.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UK_PEET,

I'd like to take a closer look at your support case. Please provide the support case number (or PM me the information) you have open with support and I will provide any additional feedback that I can.

Thank you,

JamesC

UK_PEET
Star
Star

UK_PEET
Star
Star

So a (non) update......

I was promised a return call; to date, despite giving many suitable times / dates NO ONE has actually got through to me.

This issue continues to affect my camera and, in fact it went totally OFFLINE this evening AGAIN.

I am now going to report this to

UK Trading Standards

Which (I may even invite them to see in person as only a few miles away)
My Credit Card Company (I am due a refund under the Consumer Credit Act)

Plus any other media outlet that will listen.....

This is just NOT good enough!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UK_PEET,

I have reviewed your case and it appears an RMA has been issued for your device. Please let me know if there is any further assistance needed.

JamesC