Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Inconsistent Motion Recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cereal2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Q running firmware 1.8.3.0_9926.  Recently I noticed the motion alert recording was inconsistent.  It recorded a person walking into the room then stopped when they went out of camera view.  However it  did not record them when they walked back out in front of the camera.  How do I fix this inconsistency?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's the WiFi indicator showing?  Is the camera on the low side of signal strength?  Also, what was the time between the recording of the person walking through and then back?  There's a reset time of several seconds so if the person just turned around and went back quickly, you wouldn't get that recording.  The timing would be important.  One way to get around that would be to change your recording time appropriately.

cereal2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think it was the timing delay.  They probably walked back out just after it stopped recording the first time, so it didn't trigger the motion recording again.  Do you know about how long that delay is?

I think there is also a delay when the camera goes from night/dark mode to light mode.  Do you know how long this delay is?

Are there any other types of delays where it might miss a recording?

cereal2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry - I didn't answer your questions.  It has full signal strength as the wifi AP is 15 feet away.  I'm not sure what the actual timing was as I wasn't there.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The only delays involve starting the recording and reset between recordings. Switching between night vision and day shouldn't have any delay at all.