Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Goober80
Tutor
Tutor
Has anyone experienced audio or motion alerts even after arriving home when in Geofencing mode? I know this feature in the app is still in Beta testing but was just curious if anyone else noticed this.
29 REPLIES 29
MrMason
Star
Star
I have done that, several times, and that support is of no use, for the last 7 months.
beershaun
Tutor
Tutor

Yes did this. Still have the problem. My Wife's Pixel phone shows up as either "out of zone" or "unavailable" in the geofencing settings even when the phone is in the house and I am in the arlo app on her phone.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MrMason,

Please provide the case number you have open with the support team and I will review your case and escalate accordingly.

beershaun,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

MrMason
Star
Star
Hello JamesC, I have no open case at the moment, because the "support" always says I have to wait for the next App-update. But I can create a new case, if you think it would be of any use.
beershaun
Tutor
Tutor

I've upgraded to app version 2.4.2_17124 and that seems to improved geofencing. My wife's device is showing in zone in most cases now. although as a write this my device now shows out of zone.

I'd suggest upgrading to the latest App and see if that helps.

Of course separately the app itself doesn't appear to be very stable. It's constantly crashing on startup and I have to dismiss it to get it to reload and start properly each time.