Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
JeffS42
Star
Star

Hello,

My Arlo Q cameras are no longer working with GeoFencing.  When I change the GeoFencing location to somewhere away from me, the mode won't change. 

Works fine on the SmartHub.

Basic example that works on the SmartHub, but not the Q:

- Go into GeoFencing settings

-Change camera location to somewhere far away

-Expect a notification and for it to change to the Away mode; it does not.

This also seems to impact the combination of GeoFencing with the Home mode being "Schedule".

Anyone else seeing this?  I've tried removing and re-adding the camera, as well as troubleshooting steps online.

Here's another screen shot that seems to show a problem. Both cameras are setup the same on the mobile app, but...see how they look different?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffS42
Star
Star
This is now fixed. They updated their servers tonight.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
TDavid
Initiate
Initiate

Same with me.  Have 2 Q's one stopped working last month now the other quit working in geofencing mode.  App gives correct info of in zone or out of zone but will not switch modes.  If I arm a camera and then switch to geofencing it stays armed while in zone.   If i put it in schedule mode and then back to geofencing mode it goes to disarmed but not in disarm/schedule mode even though it's set to be in schedule mode when I am in zone.  When both geofencing users show we are out of zone it will not arm and is set to arm when away.  One user Android and one iPhone.  Have reset cameras, deleted cameras and reinstalled them, deleted and reinstalled app, switched which mode geofencing should be in when in or out of zone, deleted who is using geofencing and added them back again (both while in and out of zone), moved the home location to another city and put it back to my home location all with no luck.  Cameras do work when put in armed mode and alarms when the camera see movement.

JeffS42
Star
Star
Arlo is still selling the Q but I’m rather disappointed in how it’s been supported.
KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Add me to the list.

Been working perfectly OK for years and since the weekends firmware bug it's stopped working.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Friend has the same setup and has the same issue.

Phone is correctly switching between in and out of zone but status not changing between armed and disarmed.

So does Geofencing status pass through Arlo HQ and is the problem is there ?

JeffS42
Star
Star

This is my guess.  I have one contact on the engineering team that I've contacted.

linxeye
Star
Star

Same issue here. After being able to readd the Arlo Q to my account I'm plaggued with issues :

-Geofencing doesn't work for Q (it detects me out when I'm in and while base of Arlo Pro detects fine),
-Rules for video recording are empty : I can't change them and no recording starts when motion is detected,

Arlo you can do better than that.

linxeye
Star
Star

Update on the "-Rules for video recording are empty : I can't change them and no recording starts when motion is detected,"

Removing Arlo Q from the account and adding it again restores the feature.

However geofencing still says I'm out when I'm in... 😞

onurleft214
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help please!  The geofence on my Arlo Doorbell is working as is on an Arlo Essential Camera, but all of my Arlo Q cameras do not have working geofencing.  I know how to set it up as supported by the products that are working correctly, so I think the issue is specific to the Arlo Q.  Any ideas?  Is there a way to have one camera's geofence drive the other's settings?

linxeye
Star
Star

There seems to be an issue ATM with Arlo Q and geofencing. Broken here also.

Patience ?

Some info from Arlo would be welcomed...

JamesArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, finally found this forum - good to know I'm not the only one

RWLAZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add me to the list; Geofencing is broken after the firmware rollback

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

I seem to have a knock on effect.

After the weekend firmware bug I had 1 of my 3  cameras not working for motion detection.  As per the other thread I removed and reinstalled the camera and that fixed motion detection.

I now have my phone listed as 'unavailable' in Geofencing and that's now been 48 hours. However, a second phone is correctly showing 'out of zone'.

The unavailable phone is the main account and the working one is a guest. My other 2 cameras are showing the correct in and out of zone as appropriate.

I'll wait till Geofencing is working before checking again.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

and, as expected, as soon as I report the 48hr unavailable problem it corrects itself.

It's called 'sods law' = ignore my last post.

Bornslippyjules
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ll also add that the rules for geofencing on the Qs aren’t working - seem stuck in the default “armed” and “Disarmed” modes i.e. I can’t change them to any custom modes. Works fine on smarthub with other cameras.

linxeye
Star
Star

You need to remove the Q from your account and add it back so rules work again... I know it's a pain 😕

Bornslippyjules
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmmm. Will try, Shame the devs can't just fix the issue...

Bornslippyjules
Aspirant
Aspirant

No wait a minute, if I remove the Q from my account then add it back in the custom rules for geofencing will have been deleted as well...so it will go back to the default geofencing rules of "disarmed" and "armed".

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, take a note of your settings.

It wasn't working yesterday morning (Sun) when I got back home.

One thing I did notice was when I installed the latest Android Arlo app, before I got home (above), when I opened it, the phone gave me the usual semi transparent popup about my phone now being in 'away mode' so the app location is working fine, just the message isn't getting to the auto switch between armed and disarmed to trigger motion alerts.

ddfda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, my geofencing stopped working last week and I’ve tried everything. Eagerly awaiting the fix.....
GaltyArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi All,

I have the same Geofencing issue,

Both my internal Arlo Q cameras were working fine till a few weeks ago. Even the latest update (7th Dec) hasn’t fixed the issue.

Cameras no longer work with Geofencing. There is clearly a conflict/error within the Modes section.

Geofencing won’t switch even though the app correctly knows whether I’m in or out of zone. This also then means my schedule mode will not function and I’m left with manually changing modes.

This is extremely disappointing as my cameras and security system is now pretty much useless. Come on Arlo, fix this! It has been weeks!

motomax
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just Noticed that geofencing has stopped working for my Arlo Qs. I don’t know if this is an Arlo Q issue or an issue in having multiple devices in geofencing.

Current setup is an Arlo Base station with pros and two Arlo Q, all on geofencing profiles. The Arlo Pros geofencing works perfectly. My Q geofencing does not respond.

My away setting is “armed” and my home setting is “disarmed”. On both my Qs if I manual set a camera mode, let’s call it “test”, then go back to geofencing mode. The camera will show that’s it’s geofencing on “test” eventhough that’s not one of my geofencing options. GPS on geofencing map shows that I’m not “home”
The Qs will not respond to being back home either.

Troubleshooting steps: rebooting cameras, reinstalling app(iOS), reconfiguring geofencing.
motomax
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo support just told me that this issue has not been reported by anyone yet? Lol
motomax
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo support just told me that this issue has not been reported by anyone yet? Lol

I don’t know if this is an Arlo Q issue or an issue in having multiple devices in geofencing.

Current setup is an Arlo Base station with pros and two Arlo Q, all on geofencing profiles. The Arlo Pros geofencing works perfectly. My Q geofencing does not respond.

My away setting is “armed” and my home setting is “disarmed”. On both my Qs if I manual set a camera mode, let’s call it “test”, then go back to geofencing mode. The camera will show that’s it’s geofencing on “test” eventhough that’s not one of my geofencing options. GPS on geofencing map shows that I’m not “home”
The Qs will not respond to being back home either.

Troubleshooting steps: rebooting cameras, reinstalling app(iOS), reconfiguring geofencing.