Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Dead on arrival :(

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
paulsmitz
Apprentice
Apprentice

So... just received my arlo q and it is DOA... seems it is just the USB cable that is at fault as any other usb cable works... been told by arlo support that its not replaceable on its own and to send it back to amazon 😞

Been on to amazon and its a 3 - 6 week wait for a replacement... 😞 😞

Heavily Disappointed now...

Was thinking of buying another 4 to go with my 5 wirefree cameras and elite subscription but don't think I will bother now... returning it tomorrow and will just get something else...

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sucks that it's the cable but the quick and easy fix is just to use/buy another cable.  Things like this happen - of all the things that can go wrong, this one is rather small.  Flip it the bird and move on.  😄

paulsmitz
Apprentice
Apprentice

The problem wasn't the cable was faulty... its tech... I understand that sometimes things happen and it can be DOA... my problem was with the support teams not even wanting to help me... its probably a £2 cable.... which they won't replace... on something brand new which cost me over £160.... on top of the £550 I have paid for my arlo wireless cameras... and the £100 I paid for the elite service... #valuedcustomer?

I now have a black cable which I bought from amazon but it doesnt match and I had to pay for the privalege of the new one... #brilliantSupport!!! making me feel valued...