Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arno Q connecting to existing system?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Comercon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I have now brought an Arlo Q but im having trouble connecting it to my existing system. Have 4 cameras on the wire free system but cant seem tyo connect the Arlo Q. Been following the connection instructions to the letter bust still no Joy. Have reset a few times and used the power socket and from the computers USB port but again still no joy.

Any sugestions?

N

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't connect to the existing Arlo system but only uses existing WiFi to connect directly to the router. Log into your account and use the Add Device button on the Cameras screen. Choose the Q and follow the bouncing ball. Is that what you're doing?

Comercon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Yes did all this and it connected fine and been using it but yesterday I mounted it outside my front door and lost the connection so im now trying to reconect it using my I phone. I dodnt want to remove it and then take it to my office to reconect it. Its a bit of a pain as the battery cameras were a joy to connect and set up...

At the moment the LED on the camera is solid blue showing its connected to the system but it doesnt show in "My Devices" on the cameras system...

Any sugestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd guess (only a guess) that it's either WiFi interference or something is blocking the signal such as wiring, distance, netc. Since you're mounting it outdoors, there's at least a possibility that the front wall, wiring for the outdoor lights, metallic siding, blah, blah, blah is what's causing the issue. Describe as best you can what's between the router and camera.

Comercon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, now sorted it by resetting the camera. Like everthing you think you can reset it by turning it off and on again no need to press the re set button. On wards and upwards. Have a good day.

Nick